The school conducted a webinar ‘In Conversation with Vivan Marwaha’ on 28th November 2021. Vivan Marwaha is the celebrated author of the book ‘What Millennials Want’, an intimate biography of Indian millennials, the world’s single-largest demographic group and his book was the focus of the webinar. The aim of the interactive online event was to connect Salwanians with an accomplished author and inspire them to develop divergent thinking.
The Panelists of the webinar were Ms Priyanka Barara, Principal, Salwan Public School, Ms Jyotsna Grover, Vice Principal, Ms Manu Mehra, HOD English along with the student moderators – Kriti Bhatia (XI D), Sanchi Verma (XI D), Udita Agarwal (XI E), Jaspreet Singh (XI B) and Pavneet Singh (XI E).
The highlights of the session are as follows:
- Motivating the students to know and understand themselves better and draw inspiration from the millennials.
- Discussion on how Millennials are different from the previous generations and how they are impacting this world and the Gen
- The need to make the rural population more technologically advanced and create more job opportunities for them.
- Understanding the mind-set of different millennials and their anxieties and
- Mr Marwaha shared his concern about the millions of people who are not required on farms any more but need a job and a vocation. He further added that India needs to invest in labour intensive jobs and shift focus from only capital-intensive value addition.
- Gen Z could be job creators rather than be job seekers. Mr Marwaha urged students to remain committed to the big picture and be willing to take risks.
- The students were motivated to look at different viewpoints before forming their opinions. Emphasis needs to be laid on Girl Education.
The webinar provided an intriguing, enriching, and enlightening experience for the Salwanians.