You do not need to shy away from any experience that your day brings. You are capable of dealing with each one of it!
Allow yourself to express who you really are.
Laugh! Play! Explore!
The school has adopted ten Life skills defined by WHO to help students imbibe the quality of love for life and happy living.
Weekly sessions are conducted with the students wherein, a host of experiential activities and games are used to let students:
- get in touch with their feelings.
- express their thoughts freely.
- learn to make choices that help them feel satisfied with themselves.
- become compassionate in their dealings with everyone around.
- share their joys and sorrows fearlessly with their classmates.
The quality of acceptance imbibed by the students and the non-judgemental space provided through these sessions help students in acknowledging their real essence and values. Consciously and unconsciously, they learn and practice virtues of kindness, compassion, acceptance, humility, and gratitude through these sessions.
Various Life Skills such as self-confidence, problem-solving, decision-making, communication, time-management, critical & creative thinking are all focused upon to promote the holistic development of the students and prepare them for life.
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.
Excursions help the students to move beyond the classrooms. They lead to interaction amongst students and their peers. They also help to form life-long relationships and develop confidence in a safe environment.
Although in the current academic session, due to the ongoing pandemic, the students have not participated in any excursion but they have been exposed to the rich cultural diversity of Sikkim through various activities under the CBSE Art Integration Project.
Salwan Public School consistently strives to groom responsible citizens through various national and international green initiatives, community outreach programmes, collaborative projects and awareness campaigns based on environmental protection and sustainability.
The school has received many accolades for its unwavering commitment towards environmental education; Green School Award from the Centre for Science and Environment (Paryavaran Mitra Award), Kids for Tigers Best School Award and TERI Project SEARCH Best School Award.
The school has undertaken the following projects:-
- Paper Recycling Project – The school has also been associated with an NGO. The NGO collects the waste paper from the school and provides A4 reams in return.
- The Solar Power System – The solar panels installed on the top of the school building have delivered benefits to the school in terms of relief from power cuts and contribute to environmental sustainability.
- Rain Water Harvesting – The school has taken an initiative to educate children about the dire need to preserve drinking water and to ensure adequate water supply for future generations.
- The Beautification of Metro Pillars at Pusa Road– It is one of our most laudable projects. The Salwanians transformed the face of the city by creating ingenious murals to adorn the metro pillars.
- Nearly two kilometres of the Ridge Road was adopted by the Salwan Education Trust and after a rigorous Cleanliness Drive, more than 2000 saplings were planted as part of our Go Green Campaign.
Health & Well-Being
Health and well-being are the fundamental preconditions for learning and development. Special assemblies, workshops and counselling sessions are planned around the year to promote physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of the students and the staff. Sports, Yoga and Aerobics clubs aim to reinforce students’ interest in fitness and mindful living. The school also has a qualified counsellor to support students who experience personal, behavioural, physical, or mental health challenges. An annual health check up by specialists from a certified hospital is a regular feature and a medical record of each and every child is maintained.
Salwan Public School, Rajendra Nagar, New Delhi is a co-educational Senior Secondary School affiliated to CBSE.