At Salwan, the endeavour is to provide an inclusive and an enabling environment to all children with varied needs. We firmly believe that each and every child has the ability to learn and maximize his/her potential through adequate learning opportunities, effective teaching and appropriate resources.
- The school has special educators to cater for certain categories of special children.
- The school is also home to many visually-impaired children who learn and blossom in a sensitive environment.
- Shadow Teaching, Remedial Teaching and Mentorship Programme have been introduced to provide additional support for Early Intervention in case of Learning Gaps.
- The Special Education Programme of the school offers individualized remediation and intervention based on the specific needs of the learners.
- The subject teachers use creative teaching strategies to celebrate diversity in their classrooms.
- Remediation sessions are conducted for the students who have undergone a formal diagnosis as per The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016. They are facilitated through continuous practice and focus is on developing skills and strengthening concepts.
- Regular workshops are organised for the students with learning disabilities. Buddy Concept is followed to help the students not only in academics but also in learning socially appropriate behaviour.