The accessing parameters were:
- Trend setting innovative practices
- Student centric curriculum
- Career Counselling initiatives
- Engagement of Parent Bodies
- STATE BEST TEACHER AWARD : Mrs. Anuradha Mathur, Headmistress, Salwan Public School, Rajendra Nagar has been awarded the Delhi State Best Teacher Award 2017 by the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi for her phenomenal contribution to the field of education. The meritorious teacher was felicitated by Shri Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi and Shri Manish Sisodia, the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi during a momentous ceremony organized to celebrate Teachers' Day at Thyagraj Stadium on 5th September 2017. The much coveted awards for Excellence in Teaching salute the unparalleled commitment, passion and relentless efforts of extraordinary teachers who render invaluable services towards nurturing of the young generation for shaping the future of our nation. The prestigious award was conferred upon Mrs. Mathur in recognition of the remarkable initiatives undertaken by her. The proud recipient of the Delhi State Best Teacher Award 2017 was honoured with a shawl, a memento, a citation and a cheque worth Rs. 25000/-.
- Mr A.K . Das ( PGT Chemistry) received an award from Indian Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) on 1st September 2017 for an exemplary performance as a science teacher.
- Mr. Satish Sharma, has been awarded the best Sports Teacher Award for his outstanding performance by Action Committee for Sports of Private schools. The ceremony was held at Bal Bharti Public School, Gangaram Hospital Marg, New Delhi.
- Mr. Sanjay Mishra has been awarded for his long term contribution for the Hindi Content Development by Madhuban Publications. The ceremony was held at Siri Fort Auditorium on Teacher's Day.
Five students namely Aarushi Govil, Saksham Chaudhary , Suchika Kaul, Racchit Jain and Racchit bagga along with five teachers Ms. Saudamini Tipra, Mr. Prince Teotia, Ms. Baneet Kaur, Mr. A.K. Das and Ms. Rekha Kohli were recognized for their exemplary performance in World Education Convention 2017at India International Centre, West Delhi.
A team of four students participated in PRODIGY 2017, A National Level Competition organized by Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, University of Delhi and won the first position in the competition bringing laurels to the school. Students from 1100 schools across the country participated in the event.